* Nintendo Switch version available now!
* Nintendo Switch version includes trading card # 28 (while supplies last)
* PS4 trading card (#02) out of stock!
* PS4 version includes IFI Store DLC Bundle code (sent via email after your order has been processed)
Mai Toyama seeks an escape from her traumatic past. She becomes enrolled at Wordsworth, an all-girl’s dormitory situated in the small, mountainous town known as Le Choara where it was rumored that her sister, Sanae, was last seen. Hopeful, Mai seeks to find her kin, but she soon finds terrifying inhabitants which lurk throughout the town after dark. At night, Le Choara’s streets are filled with Shadow Matter—a horrific group of menacing creatures. Around every cobblestone corner, Mai discovers that her hope of finding her sister lies beneath the long-buried secrets which haunt Le Choara.
Includes IFI Store DLC Bundle (PS4 version only - code sent via email):
- Dynamic PS4 Theme
- OST (24 tracks)
- Avatar Set
- DLC Access
- Overkill Brings Huge Rewards - The Overkill system is an added feature where characters can stack damage beyond the health of an enemy for bonus experience! Try to inflict as much damage to all the monsters for bigger rewards.
- Beware of the Berserker - During dungeon exploration and battle, a faceless, black figure will appear out of nowhere. The figure will also display an area of attack once it appears. Mai and her squad must step away from the Berserker’s area of attack, as it will instantly kill anyone with one single blow. Run away from the Berserker in the dungeon or defeat all the existing monsters in the battlefield to escape!
- Day n’ Night - Mai will need to explore the town of Le Choara during the day and speak with the townspeople to find out clues as to where her sister is. By night, Mai will fight her way through dark creatures stylized in a turn-based RPG. Experience the story through the lens of a visual novel during the day and battle it out against horrific creatures by night!
- Don’t Call it a Knockback - The Knockback system is back in
Death end re;Quest 2, but this time, Mai and her squad can smack Shadow Matter even harder! Combo your attacks by flinging monsters to other party members!
- Release date:
- August 25, 2020 (PS4), February 8, 2022 (Switch)
- PS4, Nintendo Switch
- ESRB descriptor:
- Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
- Official game website:
- Idea Factory International, Inc.
- Idea Factory/Compile Heart
- Copyright of the game:
- ©2020-2022 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART All rights reserved. Death end re;Quest is a trademark of IDEA FACTORY. Licensed to and published by Idea Factory International, Inc.
Death End Re 2 Review
If you love the first one, your gonna love this one. Its a little slow but it fills the need.
Yet again, Iffy delivers a great story with great characters. More unique JRPGs like the DERQ-series, please.
Having all DLCs included in the Switch version again, is a nice touch.
The only downside is the game lacking a little on the technical side. Unfortunately that's kind of a recurring thing with Iffy's Switch ports. It doesn't bother me too much personally, though.
This Port has bad visuals i found it to be unplayable this game was released 2022 it feels like i am playing a ps2 game in the year 2000 i am very disappointed with this switch port i wish could get my money back
I love this game! Death End re;Quest 2 is a fine visual novel, Horror-JRPG with a great ideas. It isn’t as long nor have much of a world like the first game although the exploration has more space to run around in than part one.
On the Switch of course it will not run as great but still is playable, I only rated this 5-Stars because of the intriguing story and ion some points I felt creeped out like the first Death End re;Quest!
Death End re;Quest 2 honestly is much more darker and gruesome as well but I’m not complaining; it’s cool this way.
Mai is quite the treat, her Glitch mode looks very cool, Rotten is just amazing and liliana is the cutest one I’ve ever seen!
I feel more attached to this game because of its story to the point of referencing some ideas for my novels!
You already know
Released in PS a while ago but replaying this game on the switch is great, bits of horror, story, and more importantly, in the palm of the hand this time.
Death and re:quest 2
Game arrived in great condition but the game play did stutter but the over all I did enjoy playing.
Great role playing/ novel hybrid game. Highly recommend
Deathend re;Quest 2
Very good game! I enjoyed the first and was happy to see it got a sequel. My only concern, which is a common concern of mine with most Idea Factory games, is that the coding could be done better. No excuse for this to not run at 60fps, especially on PC and PS5.
Game shipped quickly. Love the exclusive Iffy card it came with. Love this store!!! 5 stars all the way.