Dragon Star Varnir Standard Edition (Nintendo Switch)
* Limited stock available!
* Dragon Star Varnir Trading Card out of stock and will NOT be included
* Includes reversible cover sleeve!
In a world where the bones of an ancient beast tower over the land...
The Knight Zephy is part of an order whose role is to hunt down witches – people seen as cursed beings for giving birth to dragons.
He is brutally mauled by a dragon on one mission, but as he gasps his last breath, two witches save him by feeding him dragon blood – a death-defying magical substance that also grants him new witch powers.
Their fates now intertwined, Zephy reluctantly joins the witches against a slew of enemies: an Empire out to destroy his kind, ruthless dragon hunters, and a witch more powerful than any in existence.
Can they fight all this and save themselves, or will his new allies succumb to the dragon’s curse…?
- 3 Tiers to Fear and MORE - Take flight in this turn-based RPG, duking it out against enemies and vicious Giant Dragons in three vertically-oriented tiers. Freely position your party members within the tiers to find unique formations to increase physical or magical attacks, and even your defenses! Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version, additional weapons, armor, and level caps previously only available for purchase on other platforms are now included FREE in-game!
- Awaken Your Inner Dragon - Fill up your Dragon Gauge during battle to harness the power of dragons, drastically increasing your armor and unlocking special abilities! Transforming at low health ups the ante with more powerful attacks but weakened defenses.
- Welcome to Devour Hour - Use the Devour skill on a weakened dragon to obtain skill trees from the enemy. With multiple dragons roaming the land, players can customize unique skill sets for each character!
- Madness or Riches? - Three witches depend on you to bring them dragon’s blood as food. Starve them, and they go mad. Overfeed them, and they become a dragon! Will you keep them alive or sacrifice them to obtain rare items? Your choices will alter the storyline!
- Release date:
- Nintendo Switch
- ESRB descriptor:
- Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Violence
- Official game website:
- Idea Factory International, Inc.
- IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART
- Copyright of the game:
- ©2021 IDEA FACTORY/COMPILE HEART All rights reserved. Dragon Star Varnir is a trademark of IDEA FACTORY. Licensed to and published by IDEA FACTORY INTERNATIONAL.
If you've played games like fairy fencer f, hyperdimension neptunia, and death re quest you'll see the same kind of dungeon layout and character design (I love all these games so it's not bad in my opinion). The battle system is unique and fun while flying and moving up or down. The characters are likeable and the story keeps you interested. The only gripe I have is with the tedious sister mechanic.
Overall a great game. Different battle system that I have not seen before. Story may seem generic, but its still good and entertaining, The best part of the switch version is that it is not censored like the PS4 version.
The game is all about item management for determining whether you save or let the little dragon sisters perish.
The combat system is unique using turn based flying combat.
There's a romance system where you can choose which of the girls you want an ending with.
If you like more darker stories, this is a choice.
Its a great game. I absolutely love it.
Finally got the chance to play the game and it doesn’t disappoint. The cg is beautiful and the story is engaging. The thing that holds it back is the dip in frame rate. You’ll get a smoother experience on the ps4 and pc but the switch with its portable mode make it convenient to play. You also have the original art as the Japanese version so you won’t miss out on any alterations. Great buy and glad I got the physical.
What can I say these guys know what they're doing great game great service everything is just top notch
The story is good, there are a lot of great characters (Favorite is Charlotta), and the battle system is more unique compared to most RPGs like Neptunia and Death End Re;Quest. However, what needs improvement is the movement control that has some delays and lags. Overall, fun game